You cannot know when an emergency strikes. It is better to be prepared beforehand. You have already insured your house, car, and health, but what about your medical expenses? You can now avail air ambulance insurance that ensures that, in case of an emergency, your air ambulance expenses are covered. This is a new service, so people are still not clear about it. Here are five things that you should know about air ambulance insurance -
- Most Insurance Covers Air Ambulance Cost – Majority of the people today cannot afford their medical expense and therefore, insurances have become commonplace. If you have a medical insurance, it is most likely that you didn’t know that a medical insurance covers air ambulance cost under it without any additional payment. Talk to your agent and make necessary changes to include this clause under your insurance. Air ambulance is expensive and it is better to be prepared than sorry.
- Save On Your Medical Bill – Healthcare is costly. You have insured your family, but if one of you meets with an accident where you had to be airlifted with an air ambulance, then the whole purpose of saving on your medical bill is lost. You end up paying for the medical expenses on the air ambulance and they are very expensive. To save up on your healthcare and medical bill, it is smart to invest in air ambulance insurance.
- Covers The Cost Of Transport – In some medical conditions, the patient may not be able to travel by car or an ambulance. In such a situation, the air ambulance is a means of transport to the hospital. However, the air ambulance isn’t cheap and you end up spending a large sum of money. In order to avoid such a scenario, you should go for an insurance that covers the cost of air ambulance.
- Check The Extent Of The Insurance – The air ambulance involves the transport fee, apart from the fees of the professional on board, and the medical equipment that the patient needs to avail. When you go for air ambulance insurance, read the clause and see how much of the expense the insurance covers. The insurance should cover the basic cost of all the services. If you find that your insurance doesn’t cover the air ambulance, you can pay and get it separately.
- Contact Your Insurance For Claims – During an emergency if you are unable to contact your insurance agent to get an authorization, you can ask the air ambulance company to call them up. They contact the insurance on your behalf and ask for an authorization so that you do not have problem when it comes to making a claim for the expense.
Air Ambulance America: Worldwide Medical Transportation has a list of insurance that cover them. You can check their website and find out the insurance that suits your needs best. You may not need an air ambulance, but it is always better to be prepared.